Here is a recipe that I believe you will find simply delightful. It is a barbecue sauce, but not just any barbecue sauce, no, no, no. This one features a special ingredient, a Berkshire Merlot Wine Jelly, which adds a subtle yet refined sweetness to the sauce.
To make this New England-style barbecue sauce, we start by melting the jelly in a saucepan, then adding ketchup, apple cider vinegar, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, and Dijon mustard. Ah, yes, the flavors are already starting to meld together beautifully.
Next, we add garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper, to give the sauce a lovely depth of flavor. We let it simmer for a while, allowing the ingredients to blend harmoniously.
The result, my friends, is a tangy, smoky, and slightly sweet sauce that is sure to elevate any dish it graces. This also pairs perfectly with grilled meats, burgers, and even as a dipping sauce for appetizers.
So, my friends, give this recipe a try, and savor the delicious complexity of flavors that only a Merlot wine jelly can bring to a barbecue sauce. Bon appétit!New England Merlot Barbecue Sauce
- 1 cup Berkshire Merlot wine jelly - Order Now
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the Merlot wine jelly, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, and Dijon mustard.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the jelly is melted and all the ingredients are well combined.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper to the saucepan and stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the sauce for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, to allow the flavors to meld.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the barbecue sauce cool for a few minutes before transferring it to a jar or airtight container.
- Use the sauce immediately or store it in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
We used this recipe tonight to on top of our meatloaf and wow, just wow. This was the perfect addition!