Mixing in the Berkshire Grain Blueberry Lavender Wine Jelly makes this unique bread even more delicous!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup Blueberry Lavender Wine Jelly - Order Now!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and Blueberry Lavender wine jelly until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the milk and vanilla extract. Gradually add in the flour mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries into the batter, making sure to not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
The bread will have a moist texture, a nice balance of sweet and tangy from the blueberries and a subtle floral, bubbly and fruity notes from the jelly.
The jelly substitute some of the sugar and you may need to adjust the amount to suit your taste. Feel free to experiment with other fruits and flavors of jelly.